Selena Gomez Addresses Fans After Hailey Bieber Podcast Interview Airs, Plus Other News | Gallery
7:35 p.m. PDT, September 30, 2022
Selena Gomez urges fans to use ‘kind words’ after spotting ‘despicable’ hate online
Selena Gomez addressed fans on TikTok Live this week in a serious post about “vile” online hate. The Rare Beauty singer and creator’s video emerged just a day after Hailey Bieber discussed the timeline of her relationship with husband (and Selena’s ex) Justin Bieber on the ‘Call Her Daddy’ podcast. Although Selena didn’t mention Hailey in the video, a slew of fans made it clear in comments on Twitter that they assumed she was responding to the hateful reactions online to Hailey’s interview. “I think some of the things that I don’t even need to be aware of are just vile and disgusting, and that’s not fair, and no one, ever, should be talked about the way that I’ve seen “, Selena told fans Thursday, September 29, according to TooFab. “All I have to say is that it’s incredibly ironic that I’m posting something about kind words, because that’s exactly what I want,” she continued, making reference to its Rare Beauty line and its stated mental health mission. “If you support Rare, I can’t thank you enough, but know that you also represent what this means. And that is that words matter…” Selena added. “I just want you all to know that I hope you understand that this is so much more important than anything else. And I’m so grateful that you listened to me. So have a wonderful end to the day.” her podcast, Hailey said there was no crossover between her romance with Justin and that of Selena, despite what fans have long suggested on social media. Hailey also confirmed that she’s been in contact with Selena for the past few years. “That’s why I’m like, this is respect. This is love,” the model explained. “That’s also why I feel like if everyone on our side knows what happened and we’re good and we can walk away from it with clarity and respect, then, like, that’s fine. .”
Keep reading for more news …
RELATED: Check Out Selena’s Evolutionary Style From Childhood Stardom
Maren Morris defends ‘heated’ response to Brittany Aldean’s transphobic comments
Country star Maren Morris says she got “heated up” when responding to Jason and Brittany Aldean’s recent transphobic comments on Instagram because “we talk about people’s lives”. in a new interview linked to GLAAD’s upcoming Spirit Day campaign to address bullying of LGBTQ youth, Maren explained that becoming a mom has “amplified” her “bone of empathy,” making her more susceptible to misinformation, especially when it comes to trans youth. “There are a lot of people out there who believe things that are just plain wrong about trans youth and gender-affirming care and what it actually entails,” she explained. “When we talk about having these tough conversations and doing it with a loving heart, yeah, it’s coming from a good place. But I don’t think you can do that all the time with sunshine and rainbows. -sky,” the singer added. “I think you have to have tough conversations so people can understand what’s going on. You can save someone’s life by having the right information.” Last month, Maren called out influencer Brittany Aldean after she said in a makeup tutorial, “I would really like to thank my parents for not changing my gender when I went through my tomboy phase.” Critics, celebrity and otherwise, immediately slammed Brittany for so casually dismissing the issues of trans youth and their right to identify with whatever gender makes sense to them. (Brittany’s husband, singer Jason Aldean, chimed in to support his wife in the comments.) On Twitter, meanwhile, Maren told Brittany, among other things, “sell your clips and compress them, Barbie Uprising.” Maren was also asked about her recent comments to the Los Angeles Times about possibly skipping the Country Music Awards this year. “Did I feel like for three hours that night [I want to] I have a weird energy around people?” she asked the GLAAD rep. “I don’t know.”
RELATED: Former ‘Idol’ Finalist Opens Up About His Sexuality, Along With Other Stars Who Have Come Out As Members Of The LGBTQ Community
Miles Teller broke royal protocol at ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ premiere because he got ‘lost’ to Prince William
Whoops. It appears Miles Teller broke royal protocol when he met Prince William and Duchess Kate at the premiere of ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ in London earlier this year. His excuse? He “lost” himself in “the eyes of Prince William”. During a chat with Jimmy Fallon on “The Tonight Show” on Wednesday (Sept. 28), Miles admitted that he “messed up” immediately when he was introduced to the royal family. “You’re not supposed to reach out right off the bat unless they do. But I felt the vibe, so I was like, ‘I’m in, I’m in,'” recalls he laughs (via Entertainment Tonight). Despite receiving a rundown of royal “do’s and don’ts” before the couple arrived, Miles said he was bowled over when it came to saying hello. “To their credit, they were very disarming,” he explained. When Jimmy showed the public a photo of Miles and William shaking hands, the actor joked: “I think there, I’m honestly lost in Prince William, in his eyes… I mean, blue as the bluest ocean, Jimmy, what do you want Bora Bora As for Kate, the star said she was “beautiful and very cordial” and “regal” but “with William”, he he added, “…I don’t know. I just passed out.” Still, Miles thinks he has the prince in his corner in the future. “I think he’s a lifelong fan now,” he joked. only to pick up what he wrote.”
RELATED: Palace releases final portrait of Queen Elizabeth II
Anne Heche’s property battle escalates as her son denies ‘despicable’ claims made by late star’s ex in new filing
Anne Heche’s 20-year-old son, Homer Lafoon, filed additional paperwork this week in his battle with Anne’s ex, James Tupper, for control of the late star’s estate. In the new filing, Homer takes issue with several aspects of James’ attempts to validate the terms of a document he claims is Anne’s will. James, who is the father of Anne’s youngest son, Atlas, 13, previously claimed that Anne emailed him a will in 2011 and asked the court to appoint a “neutral third-party private professional trustee or , alternatively, himself as executor of Anne’s estate,” according to Entertainment Tonight. James also claimed in the filing that Homer was not “suitable” to handle the estate due to his age, his unemployed status, his alleged estrangement from his mother before his death and his alleged lack of communication. with his half-brother Atlas ever since. . Homer denies those allegations in the new filing, calling them “inaccurate and baseless,” saying it was James who interfered with his attempts to see Atlas that created any disconnect he now has with his little brother. Homer also calls the claim that he was separated from his mother when she died “vile” and false. Finally, Homer’s new documents claim that the 2011 document emailed to James by Anne is not a valid will, as the signature is neither Anne’s nor two people’s, as the requires the law.
Karl Lagerfeld inspires the 2023 Met Gala theme
On Friday, September 30, organizers of the annual Met Gala announced that the theme for the 2023 event will honor the late Chanel, Fendi and Chloe designer Karl Lagerfeld. Held on the first Monday in May, the fashion event coincides with an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute titled “Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty,” which examines Karl’s design journey from sketch to garment, according to the New York Times. Twitter’s reaction to the news was a (predictable) mix of joy and horror, with much of Hollywood seemingly avoiding the topic. This is likely because of the late designer’s reputation for making anti-Semitic, racist and “fatphobic” comments. “Oooh, people can show up on the red carpet and recite their favorite Karl Lagerfeld quotes about fat, sexual assault, immigrants and the Holocaust,” one user said. “So many choices. Bravo, Anna Wintour.” Others defended the choice and pointed to the designer’s undeniable impact on fashion history and the Met Gala itself. Celebrities who opted for Karl’s Chanel designs for the annual benefit gala include Blake Lively, Kristen Stewart, Mary-Kate Olson, Dakota Johnson, Penelope Cruz and Anna Wintour, who “wear almost exclusively Chanel Haute Couture at the collection annual fundraiser,” according to page six. The 2022 Met Gala celebrated as its theme “In America: An Anthology of Fashion” and saw Kim Kardashian sadly donning one of Marilyn Monroe’s most famous dresses for the red carpet.
Nick Cannon welcomes baby No. 10
Nick Cannon’s family just got bigger. The “Masked Singer” host announced the birth of his tenth child — his third with Brittany Bell — on Friday, Sept. 30, a “libra companion” named Rise Messiah Cannon, according to a post on Nick’s Instagram. “Another blessing!!! As my journey on this planet becomes more and more remarkable and unfathomable, all I can do is thank God and continue to ask the Most High to order my steps,” wrote Nick, adding an acknowledgment that his “dynamic” offspring is “to some unimaginable”. He then opened up about everything Brittany taught him about “parenting, psychology, spirituality, love, and just living in general,” and described the “BlessingWay” they held instead of a traditional baby shower. According to Nick, Rise’s birth was “probably the most difficult labor and delivery” he’s ever seen…and he’s seen, uh, quite a few. Rise was born less than two weeks after Nick welcomed a new baby girl, Onyx Ice, with model Lanisha Cole. He is also reportedly expecting his eleventh child soon – with Abby de la Rosa, who shares twins with the TV personality. In July, model Bre Tiesi gave birth to Nick’s son, Legendary Love.
Ed Sheeran’s Marvin Gaye copyright case will go to trial, judge says
Shakira isn’t the only celebrity to face trial in the coming months. A judge has ruled that Ed Sheeran will stand trial over allegations he ripped off Marvin Gaye’s 1973 hit ‘Let’s Get It On’ for his song ‘Thinking Out Loud’, reports Entertainment Weekly. The singer’s legal team had asked that the lawsuit be thrown out on the grounds that there was no copyright available for the chord progression and harmonic rhythm, the aspects of Ed’s song that are contested. “There is no clear rule that the combination of two non-protectable elements is insufficiently numerous to constitute an original work”, wrote the judge in particular. Ed was first sued over the song’s alleged links to the classic Marvin Gaye track in 2016; EW reports that the case has yet to be settled. The case to go to trial was filed two years later by a company that owns some of the music written by the plaintiff in the previous case, a co-writer of the Marvin Gaye song, according to EW. The trial date has not yet been announced.